Thursday, January 29, 2009

Example Student Essay

Suzie Q. Student
Professor Teach
English 1010-001 Susie Q. Student
27 November 2008
Title of My Paper
This is my paper. I am going to receive an A on this paper because I formatted it correctly in MLA style. Also, since I listened to my instructor and followed directions, my essay complies with the guidelines on my assignment sheet.
My paper will receive a good grade because I closely followed the MLA guidelines I found in the Harbrace Handbook, just as my instructor told me to do. My margins are set at one inch, my lines are double spaced, and my font is Times New Roman 12. I also have a header with my last name and the page number.
Since I used other sources, I have documented the quotes and paraphrases correctly. I have avoided plagiarism by including in-text citations where I quoted or paraphrased information. My complete source entries are listed in the Works Cited page.